You can check on the status of this document review by going to the claim portal and looking at the document dashboard, which shows the following information:
- What documents are required for your particular type of claim
- Whether each document has been received, is being reviewed, is marked complete or if something is missing
- If the claim manager determines that one or more of your documents is incomplete, a description of what is missing
Once all of your documents are reviewed, the claim manager will either approve or deny your claim.
You will be notified of the claim decision by the same method of communication you selected when submitting your claim. Your claim decision letter will also be available from the CT Paid Leave Aflac Portal.
If you are approved, Aflac will issue benefit payments in the manner you specified during intake (direct deposit or Visa Debit card).
- Payments are deposited in your bank account or loaded to your Visa Debit card every Tuesday.
- It can take up to 48 hours for funds to reflect in your bank account if you have elected payment via direct deposit.
Note: If no payment type is selected, you will be issued a debit card. No paper checks will be issued.
As a reminder, neither CT Paid Leave nor Aflac will ever send you a text message asking for personal information, including credit card, debit card, or other banking information. If you are contacted in this manner, do not provide this information and please report the attempt by calling Aflac at (877) 499-8606.
If you have chosen to receive your benefits via a Visa Debit card, look in the mail for an envelope from MoneyNetwork®. This packet will include additional information about your Visa Debit card and will include your actual plastic debit card.
- To set-up your USER ID or PASSWORD, login to prepaid.everywherepaycard.com or you may also call MoneyNetwork® Customer Service at 1-866-892-2835.
- If you forget your PIN, you may also call MoneyNetwork® Customer Service at 1-866-892-2835.
- Unlike a bank debit card, your Money Network Card is not linked to your bank account.
- The Money Network Card will not impact your credit score as it is not a credit card.
- Only one card is provided. Additional cards for family members are not available.
If anything changes with your leave you must let Aflac know as soon as the change occurs. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- returning to work sooner than the approved end date of your leave
- any changes to income replacement benefits you are receiving from your employer
- the death of the family member for whom you are providing care
If your denial is due to missing or incomplete required forms or documentation, please file a request for reconsideration and upload the requested documents. Once we receive your request, we will fully review your claim. You can expect a response from us regarding your request for reconsideration in approximately 15 calendar days.
If your claim is denied, you may file a reconsideration request with CT Paid Leave by submitting a Reconsideration Form within 10 calendar days of the notice of denial.
You can submit your request for reconsideration by:
Uploading a photo or scan of the reconsideration form to your case through the online web portal (This is the fastest method to start the reconsideration process.)
Returning the reconsideration form to the email address or fax number listed on the formReconsideration Form (English) Reconsideration Form (Spanish)
If your request for reconsideration is denied (or if you do not want to file a request for reconsideration), you can file an appeal with the CT Department of Labor. The Department of Labor is responsible for hearing appeals for denials of CT Paid Leave claims. View the process to file an appeal.