Online Portal Contribution Process

Most employers and all sole proprietors and self-employed individuals will use the online portal to remit contributions. Third-party administrators and employers have the option to use the online portal process or the batch process.

Woman in apron holding coffee looking at a laptop
woman cutting vegatables

How to File and Pay CT Paid Leave Contributions Using the Online Portal


Select reporting year and quarter

The quarter for which the wages were paid should be used in determining the reporting quarter. For example, if your pay period started in Q1 but ended in Q2, these wages would be reported as Q2 Wages. Select the year and quarter that represents the 3-month reporting period covered by the contribution. If remitting for more than three months, you must divide the contribution into multiple 3-month quarterly contributions.
Select reporting year and quarter

Review your return filings for the selected quarter and year

Confirm the selected quarter and year. Verify that you do not have any previous open returns. Review the return filings previously submitted for the selected reporting period.

Calculate your contribution

You will be asked to enter whether you have subject earnings to report, whether contributions are for the full quarter, the pay period or revenue period, and the number of workers included in the contribution and subject earnings.

The contribution amount due will be calculated based on the information entered. You have the ability to enter a different contribution amount due to rounding if needed.

Non-compliant accounts

An account is not compliant when wage reports and contributions are not submitted at all or are submitted after the last day of the month following the end of the calendar quarter. For example, Quarter 1 contributions will be considered compliant as long as they are received no later than April 30th.

The total amount due will automatically include the penalty and interest owed. You may pay: 
  - Total amount due
  - Contribution amount only; or
  - Any amount between the contribution amount and total amount due

Contributions are applied to your total amount due in the following order:

1. Penalty
2. Interest
3. Contribution Amount

If you do not pay the total amount due, there will be a remaining balance on the contribution amount after payment is applied. The remaining contribution amount will continue to accumulate interest until paid in full. A link to pay the remaining overdue amount will be available in My Account and will be sent to your email for payment.

Provide supporting documentation

You will be asked to enter the total CT Gross Wages for the pay period or income/revenue period specified and how many workers are included in the CT gross wages.

Remit contribution payment and receive confirmation

Add or Select Payment Method
The first time you make a contribution payment, you will need to set up a new credit card or bank account payment method. You may choose to save this payment information as your default payment method.

Click on the Process button to submit the payment. Once a transaction is submitted, you will receive a confirmation pop-up indicating that the payment was submitted. After closing the pop-up, a Payment Summary will be displayed. Note that this does not guarantee that the payment (especially a bank payment) won’t fail later on. You will also receive an email confirmation of the submission.

View invoice and transaction history 

Under the Account Info tab in the business for which you just submitted a payment, you will see a Filing History. The invoice name, amount, filing period start and end dates, and processed date will appear here. 
Filing History dashboard screenshot in My Account portal 
We are finding that it may take 5-10 business days before ACH Debit payments clear with our bank and then completes posting to My Account. Check back periodically to view payments in My Account. Once the funds have fully cleared, the transactions will be marked as completed.

Frequently Asked Questions

Refund requests

Submit a Contact Us inquiry, select “Employer Refund Request” as the contact reason and provide your business name, FEIN, contribution quarter and contribution amount that you are requesting a refund for.